View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #209
Sharps40
Account Suspended

Re: The Official John Lee Jr Thread

Okay...working back to front and about 1/2 done this evening. I'm using all Poly Armor line (Plastic coated OD to stop rust).

I disconnected the rear at the Right Front T-fitting. I'll wind up eliminating this fitting all together when I split the front from the rear. Removed all the 3/16" line that feeds the rear brakes and....

Coupled 2 1/4" od lines to run from the right front to the rear hose. These lines were 1 each 1/4" x 40" and 1/4" x 60" as I recall.

I terminated this 1/4" od line with a short section of adapter line, just like when I did this job on Ol John Lee. The adapter line reduces the 1/4" fitting on the main line to the 3/16" fitting in the top end of the rear rubber hose.

Hooked up the rubber hose and clipped it off in the upper brace in the frame. I'll go back at the end and add a few of those simple steel romex clips to secure this new feeder line to the inside of the frame all along its length.

From the brass block on the axle, I installed a 3/16" x 20 line (I believe) to feed the Right Rear wheel cylinder, snugged it all up and put the line in the axle clip...checked for clearance and all looks good.

From the other side of the brass block I bent up a 3/16" x 40 line...up over the punkin thru both axle clips and then back up to the Left Rear wheel cylinder. Snugged it up, checked for clearance and bent all the clips in to hold the lines securely.

Tomorrow evening is Granddaughter to ball practice, mow the lawn and jack up the front and pull the wheels. I'll have to pull out the front system removing the Right Front T-fitting to run the rear cylinders straight to the forward (grill end) of the new dual master cylinder. The front brakes will retain the Left Front T-fitting and plumb to the rear (firewall end) of the new dual master....the firewall end of a dual master is the primary and always feeds the front brakes....regulation for the rear on a non power drum/drum master is built in...i.e. a bit less pressure for the rear and only after the fronts are rollin into the drums.