View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #2568
shiner,tx

Smile Re: How about some pics of 73-87 Long Beds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkdesign View Post
thanks. Not sure exactly how much the truck went down but i did an axle flip in the rear and cut the front a full 2 coils . I was able to move the top a-arms out enough to get my camber back to normal. The truck still drove well with one exception. My axle would hit the frame on any moderate bumps. I was going to c-notch it until i realized that the center section of the rear would hit the bed floor. That was not going to cut it because when i first got my truck home and took out the bed liner i was greeted with a perfect bed! I mean not a mark except where the paint was rubbed a bit. Zero rust and not a dent anywhere!

Attachment 1055547

i really liked the look of the truck as a 3/4, steel wheels, hub caps and all but for a better ride and better wheel selection i picked up a 1/2 ton parts truck for free and purchased a set of 3/4 ton to 1/2 ton, 2 1/2'" dropped spindles from early classic industries with the stock coils cut 1 1/2 turns. Used the 1/2 ton rear springs with flip. So i'm i'd say that it's down about 8" from stock.
truck look sharp, i think it is time to take the torch to mine today. Thanks for the picture.