View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #212
Sharps40
Account Suspended

Re: The Official John Lee Jr Thread

Finally, a hose this morning. Counter guy got his wedgie....I think we'll be doin better next order.

Got fluid all the way to the rear, all the air came out fast...no worries. Mighty Vac is useless for pullin out air from dead lines...and nearly useless for pullin fluid from nearly full lines....Save the $50 for pizza and beer to have a friend pump the pedal.

While the rear usually bleeds easily, the fronts are another matter...got it on stands and its hard to get the air over the hump and out. Mighty Vac was about as much fun to use as findin a turd in the party punch bowl. So, Good Wife stomped the pedal to thrash the air to the cylinders and we finally got decent pedal on the top of the stroke. Lettin em sit for several hours while I adjust the shoes and clean the shop. We've run 1.25 qts total into the dual system, much of that coming out and filling bowls, coating backing plates and towels.

After a days rest, we'll push another 3/4 quart thru the new system and then after operating a day or two push another pint or so thru the system...should be good and clean and no aerated fluids left by then.

Wew! 1.5 day job extended quite a bit for stripped threads and hose delivery but nearing the success point....at least I can back it out and clean the garage a bit!