View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 04:34 PM   #8
bohmankid

Re: 1978 Big Ten, Big Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rat View Post
Nice find Bohman. Already SUB'dedd. I can't believe how clean and original it is for a Utah truck. I'm not sure what direction you are going to go with it, but keep me in mind if you are going to ditch the bed, stock trim, tailgate, and/or engine... I'll cruise right down and pick that stuff up if you don't wanna keep em. Oh and doors, fenders, hood, interior, etc...
Thanks buddy, you'll be the first to know if I start chuckin' parts!

Well, on Saturday I started the install of the flip kit in the rear. I spent about half-an-hour hammering bolts, getting rust/dirt in my hair, wrestling the leaf springs off, and laying on my creeper just looking at everything. I took the leafs off, left her on the jack stands with the rear pumpkin laying on the ground and took a break to go out with my friends.
Name:  IMG_0126.jpg
Views: 3716
Size:  43.7 KB

On Sunday, I mustered up the courage to attempt the install of the flip kit again.. 10 minutes in, I decided my time was better spent driving to the beach, sip on some whiskey, and lay in the sand next to some beautiful gals. When I got back later in the day I was in a much better mood and finished the flip kit.
Name:  IMG_0148.jpg
Views: 3700
Size:  35.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0150.jpg
Views: 3700
Size:  67.2 KB

It really wasn't that hard to do, I just got lazy and it took me two days The brand is Western Chassis, and it went on smoothly. The instructions looked thorough but, seriously, I didn't read them. The hardest part was getting the old U-bolts off. When my blow-torch crapped out on me and my PB blaster didn't work, I used a die grinder to get those beezies off. I'm very satisfied with the flip, but I still need to cut my bump stops and get new shocks because mine are shot. Check out how that gap changed!
Name:  IMG_0139.jpg
Views: 3746
Size:  50.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0144.jpg
Views: 3660
Size:  51.5 KB
bohmankid is offline   Reply With Quote