View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 10:03 PM   #364
Ackattack

Re: Project Family Chummins

The transfer case is in, everything button back up, and driving!!!!

After I got that all in, I went ahead an installed the A/C condensor since summer is coming!!! I made a little bracket to support the bottom. It almost didn't need it, cause the hood latch bracket sandwiches it in so much, but didn't really like that idea. Here's what I came up with:

And here it is with the condesor, aux fan, and hood latch bracket installed.

I had to do a little triming on the lower valance and the grill to get it to all fit behind the grill but it does. I'm going to see about ordering some A/C lines here shortly. I think I'm going to have to loose the little plastic cold air thing that pushes cold air into the fender to run the lines through that area....oh well, its not like my air filter is shrouded any ways.

Everything seems to work fine, the tranny is MUCH quieter even with the hole in the floor opened up. One thing I'm going to do is try to get the transfer case shifter to work a little better. The way it is now, there is a VERY short throw between each detent. I think maybe I need to put the GM shift tab on the tranfer case to give me a longer throw compared to the short dodge one (I'm assuming GMs tab thing is long since they uses an NP241 that is very similar to the dodge's that I'm using)
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote