View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #371
Ackattack

Re: Project Family Chummins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6lcummins View Post
More fuel is the easy part of the equation. I attempted to look for the engine mods, but gave up after 5 pages. I'm at work so that makes it more fun. What's all done?
Right now the engine is pretty much stock. I'll speak in cummins I have a BHAF, 4" exhaust, banks bighead wastegate (was on the dodge when I got it...dont think it does anything), and timing set to 16.5*

I have a pyro, boost, and fuel pressure guage, so I'm "ready" to turn up the fuel pump. I am making sure it runs reliably and all the other things are taken care of before I turn it up. I'm also going to get some new injectors. I'm assuming mine are the stock 210k+ injectors, so hopefully new ones will give me a little better fuel mileage.

Speaking of fuel mileage, I filled up today and calculated out my mileage at like 16.6mpg. That is with A LOT of city driving, some hot rodding around, and quite a bit of idle time, so not too shabby. Also, I paid less for a gallon of diesel than a gallon of gas. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote