View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #9
76C10Stepside

Re: '89 S10 4.3 erratic idle speed

The S10 passed emissions on the first try, and no line at the testing station. This should be the LAST TIME EVER. Yea!

Sticker on windshield says I have another 1k miles before next oil change. I wonder how LONG it's been??? Still under 45k on the ODO. That's only 1,875 miles a year! Talk about "low mileage"...

Was surprised to find that the A/C works. When I went through all the old paperwork, found one stating that the A/C was not cold, but nothing to indicate it had been charged or converted per recommendation of the shop.

One invoice says the electronic instrument cluster was replaced in '92. Another invoice in '99 says cluster intermittently won't come on or goes off. Another invoice in '99 says they removed/replaced cluster and tested ok. There was another invoice claiming cluster had been sent out for repair, can't find it now.

30k mile service was in '99. Wow, 10 years to reach 30k! 45k mile service was in '03 at 41k miles.

The wipers often go one time around by themselves when I turn right and sometimes without doing anything. Guessing it's a wire has worn insulation at some critical point. Found an invoice from '96 mentioning this problem, says "need to replace switch", $125 parts/labor. Guess it never got done. Funny, I've had two other GMs with this same turn signal/wiper stalk (with delay and washer) and never had any problems.

Ignition module and pickup coil replaced in '98. Cap, rotor, wires replaced in '98.

Starter replaced in '96. Coolant temp sensor replace in '03 (says engine would not start?).
76C10Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote