GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Looks tight! Nice work!
Thanks, but it's better in the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Nice work on the exhaust and have fun on your trip.
Acceptable at best. My welding skills have deteriorated from back in the day when I really could weld. Too much tacking sheetmetal and not enough good solid bead runs. Maybe by the time I get this tubing welded the welds will look better.

As for the trip, looks like things will work out and it will happen. Just need to make sure the truck is as well prepped as it can be. If there are members viewing this thread between south central MN and about an hour east of St Louis and are interested in meeting to talk about trucks and draining a cold one, please PM me. I haven't decided on a route yet. Will probably avoid interstate and stick to more back routes. Probably will not go there and come back on the same route. I'd like to run down along the Mississippi river valley for a leg of the trip, but I'm open for alternatives. Good scenery and fun roads is the key. Its about 600 miles for the most direct route and I'm planning for 2 days travel each way, but know I could do it in 1 if needed. Hell, I put on 330 today for work and will do another 350 or more tomorrow and about 250 thursday. Its what I do.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote