Thread: Greg's 50 Build
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 11:33 PM   #46
Root2812

Re: Greg's 50 Build

Well, the long holiday weekend is over and I am sure many of you have made some good progress on your projects and will probably be posting pictures. My old chevy was neglected but I took the weekend to breathe some new life into another chevy so I thought I'd share the story/pics.

Last summer my dad needed a new truck to haul things and do a lot of parts runs for his auto repair shop. I ended up picking up a 2000 Silverado for $1800 for him. Its only a v6 but it is still a 4x4 and get about 20 mpg so its perfect for the job. The big problem was that it had more dents than a golf ball thanks to a rough life as a landscaper's truck and the rockers were rusted out. It took a lot of work and a new box but my dad did a great job on the body work over the winter. This weekend I helped him finish the job.

Where the weekend started. Prepping for sealer.

And here is some with color and most of the assembly done.(Notice the nicer rims. They came off an 06 but look way better than the black ones.)

There was a little too much orange peal so I did the wet sanding and my dad followed me with the buffer.

And a nice shot of the shop.

Home and finished. We were pleased.

Now back to my project.

On a side note... I decided to make the best of my drive this weekend and tried "hyper mileing". I normally get 29 mpg highway on a good day with my little Ford Ranger but today I got 36.2 mpg. Not bad for a truck. Its pretty fun to see results like that too.