Thread: Greg's 50 Build
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #48
Root2812

Re: Greg's 50 Build

Thanks Atommik.

Well Yesterday was my birthday and the Wife said we could do what ever I wanted all weekend. Being that I turned 30 and now have one foot in the grave and another on a banana peal I wanted to be productive in my old age. I enjoyed a nice birthday dinner at Red Robin (my choice) and then wanted to finish building a garden. I needed supplies for the garden so I could take either the ranger or the 50 to Home Depot. I bet you guys know what I chose.

Before I could get my supplies I needed a bed floor. I took a bunch of scrap wood (oak, cedar, and pine) that the last owner of my house left in the rafters. I only had a hand saw so 2 hours later I had the trucks first wood bed in at least 30 years.

This morning I set off on the trucks first trip out of the neighborhood. A lot of people loved seeing the old truck and I had plenty of company as I loaded my soil. 3 different people had to come look and tell me about the one they used to have and to say how nice my truck was. Here is the load of soil.

I finished the garden and wanted more old truck time so the old truck got to go to its first car show. When I was there I realized that it too had a birthday. It was built June 1950. It was a hit. It was the only AD there (small show because of bad weather) and it made a lot of people smile. My wife was funny on the drive there. She was scared as we crept past 45 mph and the truck would shake. Haha

Unfortunately the truck was being moody. I think I need a new battery or at least need to go through the charging system but either way I had to push start it when we left the show. I felt a little embarrassed but everyone else seemed to enjoy it. It ran like crap all the way home. I think it wasn't getting enough spark because of the dead battery or something because it had no power and ran really poor. Its home now though so I'll get it fixed. Either way it was a productive and fun weekend for me, my wife, and the old truck.