View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #31
69CST6.0

Re: Any cam love for a NA 4.8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66C06 View Post
They will work on '01.5-06 as well you just can't use drive by wire unless you swap the whole harness and throttle pedal assembly
Posted via Mobile Device
Yea they will fit a 99-06 also but if you have dbc you will need an adapter or an aftermarket throttlebody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbrnr View Post
Well, this thread is a bit old, but essentially, this will be a DD. I've got about an 18 mile commute one way to work and 2.5 of that is on dirt/washboard roads to my house. Trying to use the K5 instead of my newer vehicles to save wear/tear on the suspension and interior bits. I already have the 4.8 so originally I was thinking I could eek out a bit more from it, but as others have said, a decent set of headers and a tune will be ahead of the 350 that is in it now. So I'll probably just leave well enough alone. If I do feel the need to go bigger later, I'll skip the LS family entirely and go right to the 8.1. FWIW this 4.8 has the 243 heads.
Posted via Mobile Device
My guess is that your motor is 07+ or someone added the 243 heads later. where are the knock sensors(side of the block or valley) The 8.1 is not the way to go unless you are putting it into a boat. The after market is geared to the boating market an expensive. The 6.0 will beat an 8.1 hands down. What transmission are you planning to run?
69CST6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote