View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 12:20 AM   #19
SactoJim

Re: Valve covers... What do you guys think?

Thanks Toxic......my motor and currently out of the truck at the moment...broke a few piston ring lands!!!! Can't wait to get it back on the road.

...and yes, I have catalyzed clear coat over the top of some regular basecoat and rattle can colors.....seems to hold up pretty well. Only issue is that clears will yellow in really hot areas. I had cleared my oil pan and it yellowed where is was closest to the headers. I've also seen it yellow on intake manifolds.

The AC cover came with my Vintage Air kit.....I just painted it to match.

Your motor looks great with both valve covers, but the cast covers give it a more serious look.....choices choices!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Orange View Post
SatcoJim,
Is that your motor? Really Love it… I have your motor picture in my pinterest "Man Board" pictures as inspiration . I have painted my brake booster and master cylinder with the dark cast color and love it so thinking that could be and eventual way of changing these up. That would give me one unified cast color, which seems to be what you have done. I have used VHT new cast with a true automotive 2 part clear, how is yours done?

Quick side note: Did you custom fab the firewall ac cover or is that something that can be bought off the shelf somewhere. I like the smooter look.

BugzC10,
Yes they are Proform 141-925
- 4 wheel discs
- relocated fuel tank
-

My Build Thread
SactoJim is offline   Reply With Quote