View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #1754
Big Tex

Re: How about some pics of 67-72 Part II

Well, I've had this truck for about a year, but thought I'd share it....

A lady I work with asked if I had lunch plans, I said well, actually I'm going to look at a set of wheels and tires for an old truck I'm working on (the one in my avatar). "You work on old trucks?", Well yeah, I have one I'm working on when I can. "Do you want another one?" Well......I don't know, what do you have and what do you want for it? "I don't know what it is. It's black and taken apart. We're moviing, and it needs to be hauled away. It was my husbands in high school, but he wrecked it like 15 or 20 years ago and it's been sitting." Do you know what year it is? "No." Does it have really round fenders? Or is it really square looking? "It's kind of round." So at this point I'm thinking it's a 48-54.....so I ask her to bring me a pic of it, and I'll see if I'm interested. The next day she brings me her iPhone with pic's on it. I'll take it! She wouldn't take any money for it, so since she was moving, I gave her and her husband a $100 Home Depot Gift Certificate. Can't decide on a name yet. Maybe "Homer" after the Home Depot GC, or "Black Bart" since the truck is black and her husband's name is Bart.

'68 Short Fleet...Front clip is in the bed (obviously), 307 (probably junk, carb has been off for ~20 years) and powerglide. Looks like someone maybe put a car axle and rotors on it b/c it's 5 lug now, and the rear axle has been flipped to spring under.

Anyway, I've always wanted one of these. Got to finish my '83 first, but this will be fun. Plans are 5.3 LSx motor, put clip on, clean it up, different wheels/tires and drive it.

The pic she brought me.

Going to get it.