View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #150
gerfunken

Re: Scott's 1972 Chevy K-20. A place to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
is that just mocked up or final location? are you running the std fan or are you going to run electrics? looks like a darn good start Scott!

here is a picture of mine and the relationship to the frame rail. i know yours is probably going to be mounted in a different place, from the looks of it a little higher and that should elimintate any issues with the frame interference i had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
i should add that i did a little manual tweaking to the return fitting. i am also considering pulling the can off and welding a JIC37 fitting in its place so i dont have to worry about hose clamps and cheesy hose.
Ryan, thanks for the information. The engine is currently just mocked up, and not permanently attached.

The plan is for me to run a mechanical fan, but I may look at adding an electric pusher like on someone's Suburban (not naming names here...) If I recall, you clearanced your firewall a little bit to get your engine to sit back further, so you're right that the mounting locations will be slightly different.

1972 Chevy K20
Picture Gallery
Build Thread

1930 Chevy AD
Picture Gallery

1929 Ford Model-A
Picture Gallery

1975 Triumph TR-6
Picture Gallery
gerfunken is offline   Reply With Quote