View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 01:27 PM   #68
bohmankid

Re: 1985 GMC 4x4 LS Motor Swap, tons of pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon75 View Post
Could be a bunch of different things, almost all of them sensor related. It could be a cam or crank sensor. When those go out, the computer goes into a backup mode with known good parameters that it uses to make the engine run. If the problem persists too long, it will go into limp mode, resulting in limited fuel delivery, throttle engagement and spark timing. If you had the trans with it, it wouldn't have gotten out of second gear.

I sure hope you have the diagnostic link connector hooked up in your truck somewhere....otherwise you are going to have quite a fun time testing all the sensors.
I do have an OBDII port. My check engine light just never came on though. Anyway, a friend of mine gave me a fuel rail with injectors and a regulator. He also gave me a tps sensor to test out on my truck. I replaced all of those and now the truck runs great. So it was either the injectors, regulator, or tps... I'll figure that out later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane M View Post
Beautiful truck. You have done a great job with it.
Thank you so much!
Here is a picture of the truck with the wheels mounted and a fresh wash! I like them a lot.
Name:  IMG_0314.jpg
Views: 16376
Size:  44.3 KB
bohmankid is offline   Reply With Quote