Thread: C20
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 05:58 AM   #14
Thomo5150

Re: C20

Probably best to explain suspension and crossmembers. I've kept the factory cradle on the rear for a few reasons. First its very simple to remove the trans for service or to replace a clutch (A few miss this point with custom frames and tubes every where they sometimes forget how am I gunna pull this out) Remember with the Corvette ZO6 C6 it has 325 tires and a 12 inch wide rim so fitting these under the wider C20 rear quarters is not a drama.

Front suspension is different, I've gone a narrower track than the C5 Vette, reason being I want a dish rim with a wide tire under the front hopefully a 285/25/22. Because the frame of the C20 trappers in at the top mounts, my crossmember will be designed as a 1 piece bolt on with the top and bottom A arms fitted to it. The engine is set back behind the front axle centerline so I don't have to buy $1000 custom drop steering knuckles, my steering rack stays at the C5's original position. Heres some mock up pic's of C5 suspension.

Using a 22.25" pivot point the C5 mounts are in the way so custom mounts will be fabricated

Front axle center line will be changed to even the look of the 22" rims under the front fenders

Thomo5150 is offline   Reply With Quote