View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 07:27 PM   #14
Russell
Professional Grade

Re: 95 Chevy Tahoe Duramax Swap

Joel, I am asked that quite regularly but I was dumb and didn't take any pictures of them. They are just made out of flat plate steel. One piece that bolts to the block and two pieces that are shaped like the old stock engine mounts. I then set the engine where I wanted it and trimmed them to fit / welded them up.

AckAttack, I have have both the LB7 and a dodge intercooler at my disposal. The concern has never been the thickness of the cooling stack (lots of room that way) but rather the width of the intercooler interfering with the turn signals. How did you get around that? The best way I could think of would be to tilt the base of the radiator and the intercooler both towards the engine to just clear the turn signals. This would mean that the fan would either be into the rad or dangerously close to it. I don't want to attempt electric fans with the truck as they simply do not move anywhere near the same volume of air for cooling.