Thread: PO has me PO'd
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #1998
jaros44sr

Re: PO has me PO'd

A liitle update...had some medical issues over the last few months. Plantar Faciitus has keptme on the couch in a cast. Blood work, MRA and MRI indicated that ive had four strokes over a period of time, which explains the numbness in the right hand. Tend to drop things, as long as i dont drop a bolt down the intake, i should be ok

Working on the fuel system, since all the sensers are wired, and power to the ECU are completed. Found an in tank fuel pump from a 2002 f body at Racetronics, after i bought it, i found out that a truck version of the same year would have worked without mods. Our tanks are about 13" deep, so i had to extend the 3 tubes in the pump to accommadate this demension. Waiting on the new tank from brothers to arrive.....keeping the oem sending unit, and adding pump to another location behind it

Kinda got a little ahead of myself, and had to redo the power harness running to the battery, since i had to add in the harness for the fuel pump, and relays. Using tubing and proclassic hose as recommended by JJH Jimmy, still waiting for fittings to arrive from Jegs

Bought a Camero fuel rail, JBClassic, to get my fuel lines headed towards the drivers side, plus, i was able to combine the corvette fuel rail to eliminate the ninth injecter

One of the tubes has been modified(return line) the other two support rods havent been done. Fuel pump comes apart relatively easy. Also, you have to extend the power harness, inside the upper pump housing and basket (harness removed, and not shown in pic)

20130619_113515 by jarosaj, on Flickr

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim

Last edited by jaros44sr; 06-26-2013 at 12:11 PM.
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote