View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
Thefojizzle@me.com

New to the group!! Thanks for accepting me!

Hey guys! Just bought my first C10 the other day. It's a '65. Same owner for 29 years. Came with the original temporary registration from the dealer here in Southern California! Even came with the protecto plate. Here's what "Betty" has
45k miles on a new 350 crate.
Rebuilt 700r.
Power assisted front disk brakes.
Power steering. Dakota digital gauges. B & M Ratcheting floor shifter.

She doesn't drip an ounce of fluid. Running a little hot but po removed the radiator shroud and didn't replace. My radiator guy said the shroud should solve my problem. Bought one and will install next few days. I removed the old carpet and that revealed a few rust spots on the floor board where it bends found up to the fire wall. I don't know if I should replace the whole floor or just patch since the holes are small? So, here's what I'd like to do to her, and please ANY input would be greatly appreciated since I am very new to this!

Patch holes in floor, swap out the B & M shifter for a "nostalgic Lokar floor shifter", redo the bench seat in original style, swap out the dakota digital for original gauge cluster, drop her in front with 2-1/2" spindles and 4" in back with coils/springs, replace wood in bed, move gas tank to back, install vintage air, an get some smoothie rims. If anyone has parts for sale or would want any of the items I'm swapping out pm me and we can work out a deal. Also, any suggestions as what would work or what wouldn't would be awesome! Thanks! Btw she is gonna be my daily driver. Let me know if these swaps are pretty easily done or if I'm just dreaming!! I'm not afraid of workin hard one her but I just need direction as to how to go about some of this. Looks like this forum is the place to learn!
Thanks in advance!
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Thefojizzle@me.com is offline   Reply With Quote