View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 06:41 AM   #171
watahyahknow

Re: My 1954 Chevy PickUp-truck

the frame sumtimes warpes when they weld it , you can bend it back in shape with some chains peices of metal tubing and a comealong if its bend to the side
you chain the chassis to a solid object then weld or clamp the tubing to the chassis mount the comalong to that and a solid object on the oposite side and start pulling little past where it needs to go then let the comealong back off and measure again
sumetimes you need a little heat to get the material to bend or stretch the right way

if it isnt a lot you can hide it by shimming the bed and the bumper , thats the only stuff afected by it if its all after the c notch
3/4 is abouuuut 1.5 to 2 cm...... yeah should be doable
if the frame is bend downward dril a bolt intoo a concrete floor chain the chassis to it behind the c notch and put an oiljack under the end of the frame and aply force untill youre either close or close enough , those frames can flex and bend every wish way you want it there not that tough

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote