View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 08:17 PM   #18
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: She won't fire up. Please help me! I"m at a complete loss!

I had a very interesting failure a few days ago that may or may not help.

When testing my hydroboost brakes, I put the pedal down hard and came to a very abrupt stop, causing the rpm's to drop rapidly but leaving load on the engine. This causes a bog and the engine stumbled; but here's what I'm getting at.

If at any time you have a severe low power scenario (misfire caused by non-spark issues, but retaining fuel pressure and oil pressure i.e. no catastrophic failure), it can handicap the engine. Its not really the regular "limp mode", because it CAN take away TAC/pedal function, but it does not always, instead it seems to act like it just pulls fuel. Its a really really really strange scenario, but the hit and miss way it acted and affected multiple systems, kinda makes me wonder if there is anything like that at work.

It threw three unrelated engine codes, basically stating a "low power pedal scenario", although I can't remember them. I cleared thge codes, unplugged all the pedal/tac plugs, discon the battery, then re-warmed the truck up not touching the pedal for a minute or two. Basically gave the system a reset and re-sync the pedal and worked out just fine. Just figured I'd throw it in for thought.

If you hard ground the ECM case to the body, does it change anything?

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote