View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #206
wgeyer88

Re: 67-72 Electric speedo

Dan,

I have mine done for the most part! I will post up pictures when I get home this evening.

Everything went together very easy! The most difficult part is getting the tin cut like you mentioned. Its more of a pain in the butt than difficult, especially if you don't have the required tools! I kept having to go back and cut more and it took a while to get it to fit right. If you did the tin exchange, that was definitely something I would have done thinking back.

The box on the back fit well on mine. I have a 70/80s Camaro tach installed and was worried that it would hit but didn't have any clearance issues. The only suggestion I have is to change the hole that the wiring passes through as you mentioned before. I haven't done my wiring but I'm sure that would make things easier.

As far as the light sockets, I think there were a few fitment issues. I can't remember off the top of my head if it involved the camaro tach I installed or the new speedo. I will take some pictures tonight to show you my progress. If I see the cluster in front of me it will probably remind me of a few other items too.

Thanks for helping us all with this! You have made a great product!

-Will

1970 CST10 SWB LQ4/4L80E
2004 Silverado (sold)
2007.5 Dodge Ram 2500
wgeyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote