View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #180
gerfunken

Re: Scott's 1972 Chevy K-20. A place to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendman View Post
I found this post a while back, forget where but it might be of some help.
I save it for some reason lol

In the flat 2 wire gm plug one wire will turn on and off with the ign, use this wire to go to the top pin on the dodge regulator, ( the reg has pins in a triangle) hook another wire to this wire on the top pin and run it to either field pin/bolt on the dodge alt. run another wire from the lower right pin on the reg to the other field pin/bolt on the alt. run a ground wire from the reg mount bolt to the alt housing, run the #10 batt wire that went to the alt out put stud on the gm alt, to the dodge out put stud, done! if the alt does not charge, the wire from the gm plug runs thrugh a light bulb in the dash and will not have enough current to power the dodge reg. in that case, run a wire that is switched on and off with the ign (like the wire that runs the IP)to the top pin on the reg and on to the field pin/ bolt on the alt,(some dodge alts have 2 little bolts for the field and some have a small plug with 2 pins for the field circuit) it does not matter witch gets the power from the top pin on the reg, or witch goes to the lower right pin on the reg. hope this helps.

Also check out this thread

http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forum...ad.php?t=58251
Wow, thanks for the additional information Legendman... I didn't see this until today. It was stuck in as the last post on the page. I'll be pouring over the information this evening.

1972 Chevy K20
Picture Gallery
Build Thread

1930 Chevy AD
Picture Gallery

1929 Ford Model-A
Picture Gallery

1975 Triumph TR-6
Picture Gallery
gerfunken is offline   Reply With Quote