Thread: Project 69SWB
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #313
~Whitey~

Re: Project 69SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
That was definately an extreme way to fix a door gap issue hehe.
That took some guts and I don't doubt you were nervous anyone would have been.
I'm just wondering if removing the outter rocker, pie slicing the floor and shortening the inner rocker then pulling the B-Pillar forward would have accomplished the same thing.
Thanks Brian. It may have fixed it towards the bottom, but I doubt I would have fixed the gap at the top of the door on the inside. Would have had to pie slice the roof too I think... And actually im not sure it woukd even pull together due to the cab mounts. That's why I sliced up a high as I did. The gap problem was on the inside above the door handle as well... About half way up to roof. Plus, completely removing the rocker was not an option as it is welded in pretty solid. I actually took a 1/4 in out of the back where I sliced the rocker itself and added a quarter to the front. Essentially the same as moving it forward without removing it and throwing off the how the door closes into it at the front by the fender. It's confusing I know but it fits great now. Also cutting into the floor and welding it all back up wasn't an option either since I've already done the underneath of the cab an Herculined it and after typing this all out and thinking about it, think the cab mounts would prevent it from closing the gap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegadesign View Post
very cool build, good work!
loving the green too !!
Thanks Vegadesign! I love green against black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett--G4L View Post
Great job Jimmy, truck looks great. Nice job on the metal work.
Thanks Keith, appreciate it!
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by ~Whitey~; 07-09-2013 at 09:24 PM.
~Whitey~ is offline   Reply With Quote