View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #47
jorgensensc

Re: She won't fire up. Please help me! I"m at a complete loss!

Ok guys small update. Still waiting on new ECM to get here. But, figured a few things out.
The squeel is definitely the belt. I sprayed it and the pulleys down really good with carb cleaner, then tightened the belt more (manual tensioner). Almost got the squeek to go away, but I need to get a little smaller belt as I'm about to hit the other side of the belt running above the tensioner. So one problem mostly solved.
The brake thing was my mistake. I didn't realize it but when I was pushing down on the brake pedal it was hitting the accelerator pedal bracket I fabbed up. Just on the edge. So it felt like I was bottomed out, but wasn't stopping. I made the adjustment and now they work great!
Added a 120 ohm resistor on the datalink wires right before the datalink connector, per the information in one of the links provided
Then rechecked the tranny. Found a major issue that I didn't realize was happening. The connector wasn't actually plugging in to the tranny! The connector is round with a thumb turn lock ring that cinches the plug into the tranny. The plug was going into the hole and the lock ring was cinching down, so I thought it was plugged in. But it was turning the plug as it locked down. I thought that was very odd. I couldn't figure out how that could work. So I messed with the connector a bit and the lock ring popped off. I lined up the correct pins with the plug and connector and shoved them in. Suddenly I had datalink communication!! Turns out the lock ring had slid down on the connector and wasn't pushing it in deep enough into the hole to engage the pins. So I fixed the lock ring and plugged it in properly! Now my tranny temp gauge registers also! Somehow this cured my idle problem too. Now she idles perfect! Very well mannered.
So now (oddly enough) I have first gear and no other forward gears. I jave reverse and nuetral and park. Before when it wasn't plugged in correctly I had 3rd gear and no other forward gears. But now I can't get out of first. My understanding is that is because the computer tells it when to shift and that info is not being delivered to the TCM because of the incompatibility of the engine ECM and tranny TCM.
I can't wait to get the new computer. Just in first alone the throttle response off the line is a beast! Can't wait to see what it will do when I get more gears!
Posted via Mobile Device

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE
jorgensensc is offline   Reply With Quote