View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #18
docstheman

Re: Build Thread - 1971 4x4 Ochre Blazer

So yesterday my shocks, oxalic acid and a set of spot weld drill bits came in. After much shopping online and reading reviews etc. I decided to go with skyjacker shocks. They aren't Bilstein's but they were a lot less coin and they seem better than the pro comp. I found them at autoanything pretty cheap. I was really surprised. I got them next day. I was worried because they make them for my blaze with a 4" lift for the front but the back they only had 0-2.5 and 5-7 lifts. The sales guy at autoanything called Skyjacker and they recommended the shorter stroke. It seems to have enough travel so I guess/hope/pray that I am good. I have the back rims off and installed both rear shocks and installed the passenger rear 4" block for the suspension lift. I couldn't lock em' down though because the ubolts that came with the lift were round and I need square. I picked up some at the parts store today and will try and get the rear lift finished and start on the front. I have a "new" set of leaf springs for the front as well as new shocks. Does the new springs go hump up like the factory ones? Or hump down. I guess I will play with it and see what works. I wonder how the ride will change. My shocks were shot on the factory suspension and it rode like a log wagon. With new shocks maybe it will counter act the roughness of the lift? I guess I can live with it riding like a log wagon. Just not a log wagon with a bent wheel lol. Speaking of rims, I am going to take one of mine to discount tire and see if they can order me a wheel lug insert. the lug holes in the wheels are pretty big and with those 7/16 studs I would like some steel spline inserts for the new lug nuts to sit on. this should make the wheel way more secure and I am all about safety and not messing up the project that I am spending all this money on. Pics will come soon. I will take some tonight and post them tomorrow.

Click Here for my Blazer Build: 1971 Blazer 4x4

Click Here for my Work Truck Build: 1970 C10 LWB

Toys: 1970 C10, 1971 Blazer 4x4, 1976 Corvette Stingray L82, 2011 Cadillac CTS 6 speed, 2008 VTX 1800F
docstheman is offline   Reply With Quote