View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #11
tex_waco_usmc
Project Heaven in my 67!!!

Re: Project "The Beibs" (For now...)

So after a short trip to Graves Custom Muffler in Waco we found the popping in the exhaust...

Name:  broken muffler.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  38.5 KB

The baffle was so badly broken that it was beating its way out of the muffler. So for now I had them install a used muffler that they had removed from another vehicle just to get me down the road. I have a set of 40 series flow masters but I want to get her dropped before installing the new exhaust to make sure there are no clearance issues later.

She doesn't sound pissed off anymore. Just a nice clean exhaust sound!

Right now I am currently sitting in Des Moines, IA working. I will be home in about 10 days and then I can get back on her again. Hoping to get the drop stuff ordered while I am here so I can get it installed when I get home.

Oh and I found that the truck doesn't like running on the passenger side tank. I have to look more deeply into that when I get home but I am thinking that since the tank and sending unit were the originals I might just spend the money and put a new tank and sender in on that side to match the drivers side setup and to eliminate those as possible suspects.
tex_waco_usmc is offline   Reply With Quote