View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 11:43 PM   #397
RockTonka

Re: Our "What are we going to do?" 66 Suburban Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho75 View Post
Man I first off let me say this is an awesome build. Great fab skills, great attitude on this rig man. You really have something special there. Love all the dimple died holes. Very cool. Subscribed.
Thanks Psycho! We're just having fun with it and enjoying the journey as much as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Clines View Post
Just a couple more questions. Please clarify WHS for me. Not a term I'm familiar with! You say that you kept the stock BS on the wheel at 3 5/8". With the stock tubs being around 13" it sure looks like it's more than that in the photos. Was that because you shortened the axle? My stock axles (I have a 373 and a 411 that I want to get rid of - anybody?) that are both 58" from bolt brackets side to side. I have my wheels ordered with 5" back spacing and my rear end at 54". What do you think? Will this combo fit with opening up the tubs or should I call and have the back spacing set at 4".
Thanks for you input.
Dewey
Posted via Mobile Device
Wheel Mount Surface = WMS, and yes, shortened the housing/axles. Based on what worked with my set-up, 4" BS would seem appropriate w/mini-tubbing...but you may be measuring rear end width differently than I. I have just enough room between tires/springs/frame/brakes/arms, and body for my specific set-up...I don't think much more could be squeezed in there. Your set-up will be different...hopefully you can glean a bit of info here to make your decisions easier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka View Post
Patiently waiting on Burnout videos ....

Or will you be on that show ??

Ha! I'll work on that...haven't finished hooking up the NOS yet

And, no, I will not be on that show! Ain't my style...at all!!

Also...Patiently waiting on Progress on your burb

1966 "Not-So-Original" Chevy Custom Trim Suburban
My Time-Killing Project Truck

1966 GMC Extended cab 1 1/4 ton 4X4
My Son's build thread
RockTonka is offline   Reply With Quote