Thread: SiX-fo SuBuRbAn
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 11:24 PM   #168
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

Re: SiX-fo SuBuRbAn

modified the 88 sub fuel filler to work on this sub, cut it in 2 places and used some new fuel filler hose to make it a little longer and straighter to fit to the 64 body.
fabbed up a bracket to bolt the top of the filler to the 64& 88 mounting points.

doing lots of other little stuff, routed the trans cooling lines to an external cooler , mounted up the front axle vent hose.
Changed the thermostat housing to a earlier 60's/70's style that points forward instead of to the side.
Was able to cut down a lower 64 hose for the rad. and it fit, found a generic upper hose in the shed that fit.
I used the link from a few posts back, and hooked the original wiring harness to the 87's alternator.
I used 3 wires out of the ignition harness, purple to the start of the starter, black to the pos. terminal of the starter, and green to the temp gauge.
I put a 12 gauge wire from the hei to the hot (ignition/on) terminal on the fuse block.
Hooked up the original choke to the edelbrock carb that was on the motor when I got it, also bent up some steel line to go from the fuel pump to the carb.
fenderwells and rad support are mounted.
A friend of mine gave me a set of dodge camper special wheels, they are 10 inches wide and 16.5's, they have 33X12.50's on them now, and look just right.

all for now, I keep forgetting to bring the camera, so no new pics just yet...
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote