View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 01:09 PM   #67
ChevyCruizer
17's too small

Re: Help with fuel system design for LS1 install

What tank do you have? Is the pump an internal or external? Is your tank set up for EFI (does it have baffles). After that it will come down to fuel supply and return lines designed for the higher pressure. The tank I got was just a carb version and it has not been hard, but just extra work to get it set up for a LSx motor. If I would do it again I would just get the tank designed for EFI with the proper pump in the tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeSL2 View Post
I am moving my fuel tank from the cab to under the bed and plan to do a 6.0 Swap later on down the road. I have a lot of stuff to do the swap, but not all of it. My question is, do I need to do anything to the tank to prep it for the LQ swap, or can I run it like it comes. I need to know very soon because I am swapping the tanks out very soon and want to do it right the first time. I really don't want to have to take the tank out later if I don't have to.

James
68 C10 SWB SS 5 lug power disc brake conversion 2.5 inch drop spindles van tilt column Air Ride Technologies Cool Ride air bag kits Performance Online tubular upper control arms and shock relocator kits ECE super track panhard bar 1 piece side windows
ChevyCruizer is offline   Reply With Quote