View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 02:23 AM   #896
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
Looking forward to a video of you enjoying the cut outs...
Posted via Mobile Device
Me too! We’re planning on attending 2 car shows in the next 3 weeks, so I’m looking forward to running around with the pipes open from the minute we show up!

Today I took a step backward, and returned the gauge layout to the previous rev. A while back I installed an electric fuel pump to assist in engine starting when the truck had sat idle for long enough periods to evaporate all the fuel in the carburetor. As part of that project I thought it would be cool to have a fuel pressure gauge in the cab. Unfortunately Autometer doesn’t make an electric version in the style of gauges I use, so I had to settle for a mechanical gauge with an isolator. Long story short it never worked out as hoped. Readings were all over the map and never matched the mechanical gauge on the fuel pressure regulator so the fuel pressure gauge was abandoned.

Today I pulled the gauge and the shift knob I installed to assist my wife in finding reverse (she doesn’t drive the truck very often) from the under dash gauge panel. In their place I relocated the fuel level and brake booster vacuum gauge. It’s now back to looking like this again, and I’m reasonably certain at this point I’m not making any more gauge changes in the future. It’s too hard on my back!

I also discovered that EPCO is the manufacturer of my blue metalflake shift ball, so I’ve ordered a new one engraved with the 4 speed pattern. That will be going on as soon as it arrives.

I’m trying to get everything corrected to the most attractive level I can achieve, so all I have to do to attend an event from now on is just wash it up.