View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 10:52 PM   #25
clinebarger

Re: to anyone running a truck ac bracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohnson6772 View Post
Just came back from getting my compressor charged and I've got an issue. I've got my compressor clutch wired in with the trinary switch inline, but I'm not getting a signal on either side of the trinary switch. I've check and the A/C relay is not getting grounded by the PCM on pin C2-43. I suspect the culprit is the missing high pressure sensor supposed to be on pins C2-14, C2-57, & C1-45. I have a plug in my harness for the sensor, but there is no way to hook it up because of my engine stands. Is there a way to "tune this out" or "sppof" the PCM into ignoring the sensor? It doesn't look like a switch that I could just bypass of a potentiometer that I could just use resistors to get around, so I'm lost. As always thanks in advance for the help.
The original switch on the compressor was not a pressure sensor, It was a Cut-Out switch....Pressure too high would interrupt the A/C request signal. 99-02 trucks are all wired this way because of the mechanical cooling fan.

Cars (4th gen F-bodies) do have a pressure sensor mounted on the Liquid Line. Using this the PCM was able to control head pressure with the cooling fans.

I'm guessing your running an F-body OS/segment swap to run electric fans. This will prevent ECM controlled compressor operation if no pressure reading. Also....If the harness is early truck....There is not a 3-pin pressure sensor plug, Only a 2-pin high pressure cut-out switch plug.

This is my opinion.....Run the compressor control wire straight to the aftermarket Trinary then to the compressor & bypass the ECM all together.
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote