View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 07:39 PM   #121
yossarian19

Re: Project: Over My Head

Well, yet another day has gone by and two of my local experts are continuing to disappoint. On the other hand, Brett Reed of Reed's Vintage Fabrication & Silvio over at Hoses Unlimited are kick-ass. So, beyond wiring, beyond fabrication, beyond anything automotive what this project is teaching me is two things
One: Good help is hard to find (and it usually isn't cheap)
Two: If you want it done right, do it yourself (and if it isn't right, at least you didn't pay for labor)
Now, as for the actual work I got done today:
The intake piping is Really tight.

I'll probably get around to using a 4" U bend & laying the intake back along the intake manifold at some point, or doing something else. Right now, it's more or less wedged in place. Not a long term solution but I'm settling for "good enough", since I need this truck to be moving by this Tuesday.
Here's (more) work I had done to the Mustang tank to make it fit my needs

I had an exhaust shop make a 2 1/4" to 2" adapter piece, and had my buddy Brett (another local hot rod builder, but a reliable one) cut off the old filler neck which was at a 45 degree angle & weld this one in straight up & down. It now matches my 2" marine gas filler, which is screwed down to the bed. A short section of tanker truck gas transfer line to seal the two & I'm done there.
Tomorrow I'll finish the straps that will hold the tank in place and hopefully get the trans back together & installed. Might even install the computer & fire her up after an extended session of prayer.
Thanks for the encouragement, guys.
yossarian19 is offline   Reply With Quote