Thread: My '59 Apache
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #583
Denee007

Re: My '59 Apache

Wow, you just jogged a memory! The pic below is of Yours Truly! I had taken the day off of work to go to a track in Hitchcock! I didn't want to do the track alone, so I put out an SOs on a motorcycle forum, and one guy showed up with his father. Then it was a crappy short track. The first go around, the guy was ahead of me, and next thing I know, he was laid out in the middle of the track with his bike a ways from him. I didn't have a kick stand, so I went and told his dad. We got in the truck and drove out to him. We got him into the truck, he was in pain! I helped load everything and they left for the hospital.
I continued playing at the track until late, all by myself. First time I ever dragged my knee! Later, they called from the hospital. His name was Jeff, he broke his shoulder blade. Not long after I saw him at another track day completely healed!

The track in Hitchcock is now a bonafied track. I never went there. Thank you for bringing a super memory back! I had to hunt for the pic below~ it was self taken.

If you come down, you get in touch with me, and we'll have a wonderful time!
dne'

What I'm wearing is my under clothes to help my racing leathers go on. I don't race in that!lol Oh, this was in 1998 or 99!
67 Ford Mustang (re-restored after Harvey)
1968 Jeep Cj5 (2-8-2020 to present)
1992 Jeep Yj (8-17-20 to present) (Jurassic build)

www.Classiccarsandtools.com

Last edited by Denee007; 08-01-2013 at 08:40 PM. Reason: info
Denee007 is offline   Reply With Quote