View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #125
yossarian19

Re: Project: Over My Head

Well, after a scary few minutes without oil pressure I hooked up the battery charger & hit the starter button until I got a small puddle of oil that had puked out from the sender unit (which I'd removed for the purpose). Probably 2 minutes of total cranking time. Added oil to the filter, too. Hook it all back up & I've got 25 psi while cranking. Pre-oiling: check.
I purged all the air from the fuel system, keyed on / off several times, get a healthy output of fuel from the test port. Fuel to rails: check.
Hooked up a test light to cyl #4. It blinks as I crank. Spark : Check.
It coughs while cranking, it sounds like only one cylinder is firing. Since the injectors have sat for at least a year, I'm assuming it is because only one injector is actually opening. I added a can of sea foam to the tank of gas & am hoping it does the trick. I'd really rather not have to take the rails off & either replace or soak the injectors. Call me lazy.
Anyway, it's getting pretty close to running I think / hope. I mean, it's always possible I've got other problems, but I think it's down to the injectors sticking...
yossarian19 is offline   Reply With Quote