View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #1925
Lees68GMC

Re: How about some pics of 67-72 Part II

I'm an Arizona Newby, old guy, my current truck's a 68 GMC SWB wide-body

I included a couple of pictures of my 67 GMC I built a few years back. The 400+ HP small block was Natural Gas (CNG) injected, but could also run on gasoline with the flip of a switch. CNG was about $!.15 an equivalent gallon and 130 octane. that why the vanity plate said "My Gas"

My current 68 was factory built in Fremont California, ordered new through our only GM dealership by a local rancher. I've known their family over 30 years.

The 68 GMC stayed on their cattle ranch exclusively for over 40 years. Clays Uncle Vinnie not knowing where the dipstick was on any vehicle, ran the 307 V8 low on oil and spun rod bearings. The truck sat by their barn under a tree for about 12 years, not running. My buddy Steve was the rural UPS driver and being a car guy, pestered the family for years until they finally sold it to him to shut him up. Steve did little with it, until he saw my buddy Sals 55 Chevy step-side. Steve sold the 68 GMC to me to raise some of the cash for the 55. I came home and sold my old 79 Chevy 4X4 we'd had for 21 years the next day and here we are. WHEW!

Unlike the 67, I'm going to preserve the worn patina look on this 68 (it's original with some small over painted areas, get rid of the Chevy tail-gate and alloy wheels, do a moderate drop and go to early Corvette style rally wheels, 10" wide with 275-60-15 BFGs and drive it.

Attached Images

"No matter what happens, nobody gets out alive"

Last edited by Lees68GMC; 08-02-2013 at 09:14 PM.