View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #109
robs71k5
K5drive

Re: Softop installation no Holes

Thanks David I hope your install goes smoothly and renders your installation irreplaceable which was my intention to begin with. As far as the part itself goes I was hoping to be able to offer a part finished both sides but the equipment I would have needed to complete to that spec (smooth both sides)would have made the cost double for the sake of a little body work that the purchaser would have to do irregardless to match their individual paint schemes .So I made the desision to continue with a part that could encompass further development with respect to the door opening and closing with out having to role down the window. Another pet peeve of mine .
MOD
Just a reminder there is a mod aswell to help with the weather getting under the domes on the leading edge .That is to say one could take a layer of bondo and build it up in a wedge shape to exceed the height of the domes on the leading edge just below the canvas which will help to deflect the wind and rain over the canvas leading edge .But the canvas leading edge snaps have to be install first so you have a reference line which is the canvas Leading edge line . Please email me with help for this procedure I will try to put up a diagram if your not sure of what I"m talking about .
I would like everyone to have the best experience possible.
Posted via Mobile Device
robs71k5 is offline   Reply With Quote