View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #71
PurdueSD

Re: Lost and Forgotten 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by vht View Post
I've got a champion in my chevelle with dual 14in fans. Friend of mine put 1 in his 41 Plymouth truck and both are doing good. When I get to that point on my 51 chev truck, I'm putting 1 in it. Very nice build, keep the pics and info coming.
Yeah, it seems like a really nice piece. Time will tell... Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Guy99 View Post
Sweet build! Nice to see somebody that isn't destroying a nice unmolested bed and cab. I'm a 4x4 guy at heart, but I love what you've done so far. Has a descent motor and tranny that's basic but cool. I like that the stance has some attitude going on but isn't dragging everywhere. Keep at it. I think all I would add is dual exhaust and seat belts. For exhaust, I would go with cherry bomb, magnaflow, or heart throb exhaust systems. All have a distinct and aggressive note. Check out seatbeltsplus.com. Get some lap belts tucked in the seat. Discreet, safe, and badass. Nice ride!
Posted via Mobile Device
The cab isnt as solid as it appears in pics. It'll do though. Id love to have somebody metal work it and lay a satin on it... maybe down the road after i get sick of driving it the way it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
looks great, nice to see it all back together. what brand are those whites, they look so proper.
They are firestone deluxe champions (coker). Love the pie crust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidaxel View Post
Looking at this pix and the one on my extended cab why is there so much difference on the angle of the steering rack?
Well I still can not send pix!!!
That pic was just a stock pic I stole off the website... If you look at it closely its not even the right crossmember for this year truck. It mounts inside the frame rails. That rack on the other hand looks like the one i got. I was told it was a t-bird rack and wouldn't need the pressure reducer when running a gm steering pump.

i[/quote]