View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 11:44 PM   #4
Lattimer

Re: Dummy Light to Gauge dash swap chaos! Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67stepchic View Post
Thanks for the quick and simple response! Everything I've been reading til now just seems to over-complicate this whole thing!
No problem. I did a lot of reading on it, and I wasn't sure if it would work or not until I tried it. But it seems to work perfectly, even with my 105 amp alternator. If I turn everything on, it will almost peg the gauge on the high side. Its almost pegged right after the truck starts when its charging the battery. With most everything off and after its been running a while, its just to the right of center. So it seems to work fine showing the amperage in the system. Makes it really easy to tell when the alternator excites (1400 rpm).

I pretty much just followed the instructions on GMC Pauls site to the letter, and tried not to let myself question anything....LOL. I start double thinking stuff like this and talk myself into not believing what others have done. My wiring was a pretty bad hack job when I started, and I have pretty much everything sorted out now. All I have to do still is connect the sensor wire for coolant temp when I get around to swapping engines. Current engine doesn't have the spot on the head for it.

1970 Chevy C-10 SWB, 350, TKO 600 5 speed
My build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559881
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote