View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 06:05 AM   #7
GMCPaul

Re: Dummy Light to Gauge dash swap chaos! Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67stepchic View Post
So I have a 67 c10 that has butchered wiring like you wouldn't believe. After some bad info on dash lights I fried the printed circuit from the original dummy light cluster. So, am replacing it with a gauge cluster out of a 70-72 model c10.

I've read GMC Paul's write-up, and a few million other Q&A's...

My problem is wiring of the alternator and battery to the respective #1 and #12 slots on the loom plug...

1. I have no junction block
2. This truck was in some way converted to an internally regulated alternator when the PO also did an HEI conversion

So where do I get these wires from so that my gauges read properly? Any help would be great!
You have to make #1 & #12 wires. Run one to the alt. since you have a internally regulated alternator & run the other to the junction block shown in picture in above post, if its missing get one if you want to do it right or join the wires just before the battery positive post using whatever method you want if you want to rig it up.
Doing this the gauge then reads output at back of alt. & again just before the battery and it senses the difference thus displaying the amount of current drawn by the battery. Make sure you install the fuses inline on both wires. On a stock vehicle harness the fuses are approx. 12-14" from the alt & junction block.
Paul @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote