View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 07:26 AM   #22
Andy4639
Old member

Question Re: Installed 700R4 - Hook Up Lockup or not?

The toggle switch I have is to use the lock up are not. If I'm towing my 18' trailer with the truck I want lock it in. My 71 works great even when backing up if the toggle switch is left on. It doesn't effect the trans. This setup was installed when I bought the 700-R4. Once the speed drops off below 45MPH it unlocks weather the toggle switch is turned off are not. Panic stops are not a problem either.

Quote:
JointTech doesnt having a toggle switch defeat the purpose of an "automatic" transmission? Before I was a car person I had 2 70's blazers with 700r4s with no ECM and I didnt toggle any switches and when I panic braked the truck didnt shut off... Of course I have no idea how they were hooked up, wish I had cared back then... I dont see why the toggle switch is even an option to be mentioned. seems unsafe for a street vehicle.
No it doesn't defeat the purpose! First off the 700-R4 has to have some kind of signal to tell it to lock up. How it's done is up to the owner.
Why do u think a toggle switch is unsafe is beyond me though.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote