Thread: Project 69SWB
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #346
~Whitey~

Re: Project 69SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduckworth13 View Post
Those door panel covers look nice. Your doing a thorough job on everything.
Thanks Scott... I try. I won't say I haven't cut corners on somethings, but when I do I try to cut em clean. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Very nice work on the door panels Jimmy! I like the sound insulation idea. May have to steal that one myself. Looking forward to updates.
Thanks Mike, I gotta swing by your thread and see what you've been up to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
The truck is lookin good man, I can't wait to see the front clip go on.
You and me both Brian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSWes View Post
Nice Job on the progress! Looks great!
Thank you Wes!

A little walk down memory lane
I almost forgot to mention... My first vehicle ever was a 68 c10, it's where my love for these trucks come from... anyway, back in the day I had taken the doors and bumpers off my 68 and swapped them out with some doors from a 72 and chrome bumpers and left my 68 doors laying out in the woods in a pile of forgotten junk at my parents house... Over the years my brother and I would shoot the doors with our guns and what not... well I decided to go look at see if there was anything worth salvaging, and I don't know how one of them escaped our onslaught of lead during many different shooting sprees, but it did. I had hopes when I seen it that I could use this door on my truck.. clearly for sentimental reasons ya know! I afraid it's too far gone and is actually pretty warped though it don't look like it, but I am going to draw a logo on the door and hang it on the wall in the garage.. It'll say Whitey's Garage or something... The bumper I'll probably hang too with my very first license plate ever. Way cool!

My very first vehicle ever, a 68... Dad bought it for me for $300 back in 1987. They still have several boxes of pics I need to go through.. hope to find more pics of it.
Name:  69Chevy_myold68.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  101.8 KB

Here's the door that escaped all the shooting, must have kept it's head (mirror) down.
Name:  69Chevy_68door.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  45.9 KB

Name:  69Chevy_68door1.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  44.9 KB

and the old bumper from my 68 with the first licensed plate ever in my name.
I couldn't find the front bumper.
Name:  69Chevy_68door2.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  62.5 KB

Last edited by ~Whitey~; 08-17-2013 at 02:09 PM.
~Whitey~ is offline   Reply With Quote