View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #18
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

Thanks guys! We did indeed have a great time this morning, and we’ll be going back for most of tomorrow. We arrived around 8:15 and hung for over 5 hours which is a long stretch for me.

I was surprised by the large turnout for a Friday. There was around 70% of the regular volume of cars in attendance for a normal Saturday event. I imagine it will be cram packed tomorrow:

On a quick trip through the “Good Gals” area on the way to get more Moon decals, I spotted a moose table. My squeeze collects such things, and with her birthday coming up in a week, I grabbed it up before it walked away. It stood guard in the passenger seat the rest of the event:

And here’s my cowgirl sweet heart having a good time as always:

There were only two other 60-66’s in attendance. The super long panel truck made another appearance, with a substantially lower price:

And this beauty from Montana with a fully louvered hood:

It has a nicely detailed big block and overdrive trans:

And unknown (to me) five spoke wheels:

Here’s a close up of the hood:

On the way home several miles from the fairgrounds we spotted a flat black 1961 short stepside, so perhaps he’ll be at the event tomorrow and I’ll be able to add some more photos.

And for those interested in video, here’s a parade lap around the fairgrounds. The cutouts sound way better in real life than they do on my cheap Chinese dash cam. Next year I will definitely have a GoPro instead. Too much of the “mechanical music” is being wasted by the present equipment.

The cam sounds far more radical than it is and there’s no doubt the exhaust note commands attention from onlookers. It is a real head turner with the pipes open.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zuou_...ature=youtu.be

More to follow.