View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #6
rkn463

Re: What's the deal on the small back windows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ft.ValloniaStreaker View Post
Ya, I was wondering if I would have to weld in a small triangle on the lower corner of the doors to make them look right . The rockers are a bit short also. Forgot to mention that the cab mounts are still soft, I was simply amazed......Now is the floor shorter? The heater seems to stick out from under the dash quite a bit.
The floor, rockers, a pillars and doors are different. My understanding is that the mount points for the front sheet metal are different as well but I don't know for sure. The differences for the other is to make room for larger wheels set further back and for tucking the engine farther back. It uses the same heater but has an extension that moves it out about four or five inches into the cab. The steering column also mounts lower under the instrument cluster (different bezel) and also hits the floor much lower, that tilts the wheel farther up.

Personally I don't think using one of these cabs on a pickup would be worth he trouble.

If you do get it and decide to take it apart, send me a PM, I might be interested in some parts.

Richard
Posted via Mobile Device