View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #10
special-K
Special Order

Re: trk101-Expensive part not as good as described

Since we members are not businesses,when we get into a return situation where the item was not as described,the seller needs to trust the buyer and refund the money + return shipping,then the part gets returned.

I moderated a situation when I was in staff. A member was parting a truck and a member,who is now on the staff,wanted to buy the dash pad shown,"...if it's a straight,uncracked,OEM Sandlewood dash pad". The seller said it was,so it was paid for and shipped. What Scott got was a plastic dash cover that was black and painted over in Sandalwood. The seller claimed he didn't know until he removed it. Well,then he saw what he had and it was up to him to inform the buyer it was not as it had been represented,and certainly not worth the money charged...even if the cover would suffice. But this guy went ahead and sent it. Then he felt the buyer should send it back THEN get a refund,because that's what Summit would do. Well,Summit is business with posted policies,is regulated through a business license,and if they didn't refund the money legal action would be an easy thing to do. I told this guy he had to refund the money plus return shipping and wait for his part and that's how it went.
You know the saying:
Fool me once,shame on you.
Fool me twice,shame on me.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote