View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 08:10 PM   #1159
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
The mountain analogy is about the closest I've heard. Glad it's going well.
Posted via Mobile Device
Exactly, right?

Mostly had to work my paying job today, but I got it out of the garage. Played with the timing a bit, set the idle again, timing some more, etc. All seat of the pants tuning. Its getting better. It's a total blast to drive. I had it up to 55 for a few seconds but I'm one of those people that gets watery eyes in if theres a slight breeze, and with no windshield the wind is blasting over the hood pretty good. So I pulled off and turned back into town, grinning like the cheshire cat on speed. Oh and I threw an old rear bumper on so I had a place to mount the license plate, and got the seat belts all bolted in. The front lights all work, but I need a couple new headlights. If I can get the tail lights to work, get the windshield in and a front bumper bolted on, I think it will be all legal. Or as legal as it needs to be for beating around.

The windshield isn't required by law, but for comfort, so I can see where I'm going without the tear ducts working overtime. But if I do have the windshield in I'm required to have working wipers, so I gotta get that stupid part I can't find. Have to look in the attic again.

Man this thing is fun.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote