View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #16
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Help with fuel system design for LS1 install

Dragging out an old thread of mine....

Was just reading a thread on another site about electric fuel pumps and everyone there is saying that electric pumps MUST be located below the level of the fuel tank. As you can see in the picture below, mine is nearly at the top of the tank. There's a picture of a similar setup early in this thread where the pump is also mounted in the frame rail like mine, and I've seen similar elsewhere as well, so I want to assume that they're working fine, but this other thread has me needing to at least double-check. In the thread I was reading I think they were talking about carbureted setups rather than FI; not sure if that makes a different since FI will always be pressurized. What do you all think? Thanks to circumstances beyond my control, my '72 project is on hold but I want to be sure that I'm not doing something stupid when I get back to it.

Thanks,
Brent

Quote:
Originally Posted by brossow View Post
You can see and read about what I ended up doing about halfway down page 12 in my build thread, starting at post 292 (link). Here are a few pics from that thread:

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote