View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 12:59 AM   #1165
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
A little frustration makes the good things even better.

You probably already know this or have a tube layin around but I use di-electric-grease on the light bulb sockets and other places. (only in small quantities). It has saved me a time or two.

I always do a victory dance and feel as though I won something when I find that one thing I've been looking for. Or Im amazed I actually remembered. No need for Geritol yet.

Can't wait for the video of this monster rolling down the Blvd.
Darkest before the dawn? Around here its more like calm before the storm.

Yep, gots me some sparky grease. Or sparkless? Either way, I gots it.

Victory dance? I'm not surprised. Would be shocked if you didn't. But don't discount the geritol, you will be the last to know when you need it. Everyone else around you already has a pretty good idea that it wouldn't hurt.

I usually just have the huge smile and walk into the house and give the touchdown signal and yell, YES! I DID IT! Not as entertaining as a victory dance, but for being a stoic Minnesotan, that's like break dancing.

Hadn't really thought about a video yet, but I doubt anyone is interested in big smoky burnouts, or watching some old retro junkyard beater decorated like it was built by some bell bottom wearing, mirrored sunglassed, dope smoker in 1976 rolling down the streets or highways.

I did manage a little progress today, despite having to cut up part of one of my trees that last nights storm took out. I got lucky, just a large branch fell and scraped the siding. Didn't even tear the screen on the windows it rubbed. About a 6-7" diameter branch and 20' long too. Very lucky. My company car has some hale damage.

But I was able to get the vent window rivets today, and the gas filler neck grommet too. I got the grommet installed and the filler neck touched up with some black paint and shined up the gas cap. And I finished dismantling one of the vent windows and painted it up a bit too. Tomorrow I can put it together and do the driver side. I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

I use Bruce88's thread for reference sometimes as I'm sure a lot of you do. He references this thread for the vent windows...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=351471

I'm not taking the glass out of the channel, just doing the rubber seals and spiffing them up a bit.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote