View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #14
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Re: Wish I was in the market

My first time with him, he came to my house on a Sunday and did my Pontiac G8 and two other vehicles. I now just go to his home and 45 minutes later, with some road time with him at the wheel and the laptop, he can make changes that you would like. If you have an issue later, he still has your initial tune and can modify it to make those changes.

I chose to change my tire size and we reprogrammed the speedo to match that, we also moved the fuel cutoff point from that stupid 93 MPH to a place that will never get in my way. Tighter shift points, and in my case changed the displacement on demand to where it does not irritate me. We adjusted the fuel curve to support my CAI and the headers and exhaust that I installed.

NOTE: This is a thing that you should think about before doing. You can buy programmers at just about any truck supply outlet and there is always a warning on those units, that the Manufacturer may not support any computer warranty issues after that. I went forward anyways and I have 78,000 miles on my truck and I personally am not sorry that I did it. The improvements in performance and shifting was worth it to me. Oh and by the way, Anthony charges around $180.00 to do his tune---not the $300+ that a Diablo or other brand would cost. Yes, you have to go to him, but it is not that complicated for me.