View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 11:30 PM   #939
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
by the way, blitz black is killer...
So did you finally shoot some test panels or the truck itself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
Bummer about the deleted portion of the video... I recently had deletion issues of my own, somehow I managed to delete my photo managing program on my laptop, and the original discs have gone AWOL. Luckily the pics themselves were not lost, so now to re-install the program along with OS upgrading... Oh the joys of technology.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
I once worked with a young lady hacker that the management thought was a computer expert. The day I went on vacation she stepped in (without approval or permission) and “backed up” my hard drive. The end result being she deleted 4 months of live pricing analysis files, that could only be recreated by spending the next 4 months re-entering all the data over again and rerunning the programs! Yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratexpress1369a View Post
that blows on losing the video ...dam cheap china steel lines lol
My thoughts exactly!

This turned out to be a pretty nice day. The more I thought about the leaking fuel lines the more I came to accept the problem must be the Napa galvanized tubing itself. So I went back through my tubing supply and came up with an unused length of the same tubing shown here:

Best guess this particular Napa tubing was purchased somewhere between 2005 and 2007, and is clearly different than the material currently being sold. One end had a perfect factory flare. By comparison several of the flared ends on the new tubing had to be removed because of excessive flash or being formed off center.

After a few minutes of forming the angle and opposite flared end, the new piece was installed resulting in a leak free connection (hopefully permanent). One thing I’ve learned is I’m done forming steel tubing unless I can obtain more of the obsolete product. Fortunately we have a local specialty shop that can form custom lengths of tubing for little more than the stuff at Napa. If I need any more in the future I’ll just have them make it to length and form the bends myself.

With the truck down off the jack stands I hopped in and headed to a local free car show. I showed up 20 minutes early and discovered the place was already full to capacity so I was shunted to the overflow parking out front. This was a real blessing as I wanted to be able to leave when I wanted and this made it real easy. Being part of the show at least got me in the parking lot. There was no other parking available within blocks of the place.

This was the only other 60-66 in attendance. I was really hoping the dark maroon shortbed stepside would show up, but no luck this time:

It had a hand made flat bed with some type of crane mounted behind the driver’s door.

They even had a guy there doing custom pinstriping. I’ve never seen that at a Goodguys show because they charge so much, the striper has to work all weekend basically just to make up the fee for being there:

And here are some samples of the other types of vehicles that showed up. There was something for every automotive taste:

There may have been 100 cars, and literally hundreds and hundreds of spectators. It was nice having a car event to go to that didn’t take any effort. If everything goes well we might make it to Newport next weekend for the Bob’s annual car show at the park.